Savoury sage and a hint of sweet
apples make this holiday stuffing a delicious, GAPS-friendly alternative to
traditional bread-based dishes. Enjoy!
Note: This serves a small family of
2-3 as a side dish. As a garnish, serves 11-12
- 3 1/2 cups onion, diced (use a food processor for the
chopping if you have one!)
- 2 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 3/4 cups apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped into small pieces (raisins or
dried cranberries would also be good!)
- 2 cups almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil (melted)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Grease a medium-sized baking dish
- Add 2 tablespoons butter/ghee/coconut oil to a saucepan
and warm over low/med heat.
- Add onion, celery, apple and herbs and saute over
medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl (or in the pan if you want fewer dishes
to clean), add almond meal and dates and mix.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs to the bowl and mix well.
- Add mixture to baking dish and bake at 350F for 45
minutes - 1 hour
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup almond milk
4 Tablespoons honey (or 1/4-1/2 tsp stevia)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger1/4teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
2-3 cups ice (depending on how thick you want your
Blend until desired consistency.
(Note: I used butternut squash
and my family liked it just as well.
They have also requested this instead of eggnog for the holidays!)
Grain Free “Orange Vegetable”
Recipe type: Breakfast
Author: Katie Kimball
Yield: 30 pancakes
Mix well. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet on the stove top. Pour in batter and move to an oven preheated to 400. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
recommend a sweeter squash like buttercup for these pancakes, and butternut
works very well also. Cooked sweet potatoes or pumpkin puree, even
from a can, is also delicious and still gets excellent super food veggie nutrition into your
Read more at http://www.kitchenstewardship.com/recipes/orange-vegetable-pancakes/#L41kETwCd74UG2Vb.99
Pico de Gallo aka Mexican Salsa
Dice tomates, onion, cilantro
in proportion to your taste . Season
with salt, pepper and lime juice (if you have a lime). Mix ingredients and chill.
Serve on eggs, veggies, chicken
or anything really.